Embedded Software in A Peritoneal Device
The medical device is an integrated system with an embedded software up to class C. The project highlights the know-how of Debiotech in putting in place a complete environment for the development and verification of the highest quality software.
Our software development and test teams (14 people) with the support of the quality, put in place a complete environment for the development and verification of the highest quality software.
Our setup includes hardware-in-the-loop continuous integration, and our development lifecycle conforms to state-of-the art best practices and medical regulations (e.g., IEC 62304, ISO 14971, ISO 13485).
- 5 processors
- 52 sensors and peripherals
- 4 softwares
- Main Processor Software (~180 kloc, excluding OS and bootloader)
- Pump DSP Software (~15 kloc)
- Warmer DSP Software (~ 13 kloc)
- Valves Controller Software (2 processors, ~4 kloc)
- 150 documents
- 19'700 workitems
- 32'975 commits
- Feature-rich software for a complex machine
- Managing complex therapy scenarios
- Robust architecture to ensure software stability and patient safety
For this device, we have deployed an embedded Linux system, which includes the therapy management and the user interface. This system interfaces with four other processors, running our software on bare metal; these processors control the low-level aspects of the system, including several motors, heating system, sensor monitoring, among others.